Shepway Sports Trust are looking for people to help develop and grow our community initiatives, which aim to get people more physically active in whatever way suits them best.
We want you to help us encourage the residents of Shepway to keep moving, keep helping and inspire others in the community to try something new.
We are asking for a minimum of 2-3 hours of your time per week to get involved with this exciting project. We appreciate you lead busy lives so there will be a variety of ways to volunteer for Community Connect: you’ll choose how you’d like to volunteer your time and what you feel comfortable doing.
For example, you could help in any of the following ways:
- Attend meetings- we will discuss what’s going well with the community initiatives that we offer and what we can do to improve or adapt the sessions.
- Support a physical activity session, by either; being front of house, completing admin, coaching, officiating or setting up and clearing away.
- Lead a session, for example becoming a ‘Walk Leader’.
- Organise social events for both volunteers, and participants.
- Signpost people to local services who specialise in reducing unhealthy behaviours e.g. smoking cessation or drug & alcohol prevention and beyond.
- Help to raise awareness of current activities e.g. leafleting and attending promotional events.
- Assist with the administration of a session, e.g. taking registers.
- Mentor and support people who are attending a session for the first time.
- Gather feedback from attendees and become a voice for your peers.
- Support one-off events e.g. launch days, awards evenings.
With so many ways to volunteer your time, you’ll be guaranteed to find something which suits you – whether you’d like to do the same thing every week or try something different!
There will also be plenty of opportunities to meet other like-minded people and form lasting friendships.
In return for your time, you’ll receive:
- Access to ongoing workshops and courses, including first aid and safeguarding training, sports courses and more
- Free gym membership at Three Hills Sports Park
- Free attendance at all of our Active Communities sessions you volunteer with us.
- Shepway Sports Trust kit and clothing
- A ticket to the annual SST awards evening, with the opportunity to be nominated and shortlisted for an award in the volunteering category
- Quarterly social events for volunteers, with quarterly Volunteer Awards
We have a wide range of activities for you to get involved with, from sessions for over 50s to fun family and youth sessions.
If you’re friendly and reliable, keen to give back to the community and able to commit a minimum of 2-3 hours per week please get in touch.
Contact Aidan Willis: Projects & Volunteer Manager