Shepway Sports Trust’s sports camps are a great way to keep your children happy and healthy in the holidays! Our holiday camps are suitable for all 5–14 year olds in Folkestone & Hythe running at Three Hills Sports Park, 9.00am to 4.00pm daily.
COVID 19 – Holiday Camp Guidelines & Measures
Join us for a fun, safe and varied camp this summer!
We’re going to have to do things a little different to align with government guidelines but we are sure the plans and policies we are going to have in place will give you peace of mind as well as keep all children and staff safe, enabling everyone to have a great time at our camps.
We are making a number of changes to the way camps work so please read the below carefully:
- We are going to be reducing the number of options around bookings and so have taken the decision to only allow bookings for a weeklong 5-day period.
- You cannot book on the day of a camp and you cannot make a single day booking. You must book before the camp starts.
- We are going to have 15 children per bubble during our holiday camps and we will have a maximum of two bubbles per week running.
- Children will not interact with other bubbles and will have their own designated spaces. This will be for both activities and lunch breaks to further minimise contact we be staggering the timings for groups throughout the day.
- We will have two coaches per bubble with one male and female member of staff present with each bubble.
- All our activities will be multisport based; however, we are going to be introducing new and fun games throughout the weeks making sure all children experience something a little bit different. Please be assured that we will be following government guidelines on the types of games that children are deemed safe to play.
- We are going to mostly base our camp outside allowing for more social distancing and individual activities with lots of space. We will have sheltered space available outside and of course, we will be able to use the main indoor space at Three Hills Sports Park if there is wet weather.
Equipment Cleaning, Social Distancing, PPE & Hand Washing/Sanitising
- We will be using equipment throughout the camp following government guidelines in terms of usage. We will also be wiping down equipment at the start and end of each activity and giving them a deep clean at the end of every day.
- Depending on the type of equipment, some equipment will not be used for 48 hours after use. We will also not be sharing equipment on the same day between groups.
- We will be planning to allow for social distancing and designing activities where children are able to socially distance themselves from others throughout the day. We will be asking children to keep their distance in smaller spaces and during breaks & lunch.
- Staff will be provided with PPE to wear when administering first aid. However, staff won’t be wearing face masks throughout the camp or during sign in or sign out.
Checking for symptoms of Coronavirus
- If a participant or someone from their household is displaying symptoms of Coronavirus, we will NOT be allowing them to access the camp until they have self-isolated for the correct period of time or they have met testing requirements. We will also be asking those who have displayed symptoms in the last two weeks or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or is self-isolating to NOT access the camp.
- Staff will be monitoring children throughout the camp and if anyone is showing signs of Coronavirus, we have an isolation protocol that we will follow.
What to bring
We are advising all parents to bring children prepared with the following:
- We will be encouraging children and staff to regularly wash their hands but will also have access to hand sanitiser throughout the day. Children are able to bring their own sanitiser if they wish.
- A refillable water bottle (please ensure you bring enough for the day). However, we will have bottled water available from our designated coaches if required in emergencies.
- A packed lunch & snack – there is no option to purchase food.
- Waterproof jacket, sun cream and sun hat, appropriate clothing & footwear.
- Any medication & completed medical and consent forms.
- Hand sanitiser if you wish – There will be cleaning stations upon entry and children will be encouraged to wash/sanitise hands at regular intervals throughout the day.
Holiday childcare can be expensive and we know that parents want to provide the best opportunities for their children to be active and engaged. Our holiday camps are designed to provide the best quality coaching and value for money.
Not only do we understand the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle, we also recognise how important it can be to develop social skills, confidence and self-esteem. Our holiday camps ensure that interaction with other children of a similar age will help develop these very important areas. During the course of the week, children can make new friends and will also have the opportunity to try new sports which they may never have experienced before!
Our lead professional coaches are fully qualified, first aid trained and hold DBS certified documentation.
Let us take the stress out of childcare over the holidays and ensure the children have lots of fun with a great experience of sporting activities with the best coaches in Folkestone & Hythe.